London Mail
  • Home
  • World
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Business
  • Tech
  • Science
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Motering/Cars
  • More
    • Entertainment
    • Travel
    • Crypto
    • Food
    • Home Improvment
      • Real Estate
    • Press Release
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Business
  • Tech
  • Science
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Motering/Cars
  • More
    • Entertainment
    • Travel
    • Crypto
    • Food
    • Home Improvment
      • Real Estate
    • Press Release
No Result
View All Result
London Mail
No Result
View All Result
Home Sports

Baker Mayfield signs three-year, $100M contract extension with Bucs’ as he ends speculation on his future

by London Mail
March 10, 2024
in Sports
Reading Time: 5 mins read
0
SHARES
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter
  • The Pro Bowl QB will be paid $50M in guaranteed money as part of his new deal  
  • Mayfield led the Bucs’ to the NFC Divisional Round after winning the NFC South 
  • DailyMail.com provides all the latest international sports news 

By Alastair Talbot

Published: 17:18 EDT, 10 March 2024 | Updated: 17:50 EDT, 10 March 2024

NFL QB Baker Mayfield has signed a three-year, $100million contract extension with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, ending the possibility of being a free agent during the offseason.

The 28-year-old, one-time Pro Bowl selectee will earn $50M in guaranteed money as part of his new deal, according to a source close to The Athletic’s Dianna Russini.

Mayfield will be paid $30M per season until 2026, including $20M guaranteed in 2025, and $40M his last year. The Bucs’ have also added $5M per year in incentives, which pushes up his contract to a max. value of $115M.

Mayfield led the Bucs’ to the NFC divisional round this past season, after exceeding expectations with a 9-8 record before the playoffs, winning the NFC South in the process. 

He passed for 4,044 yards with 28 touchdowns and 10 interceptions by the start of the postseason and had a pair of 300-yard games in the playoffs, putting up 337 yards and three touchdowns against Philadelphia, and 349-3 with two interceptions at Detroit in a 31-23 loss during the divisional playoff round. 

Baker Mayfield has committed his long-term future to the Bucs' instead of eyeing a new team

Baker Mayfield has committed his long-term future to the Bucs’ instead of eyeing a new team

The 28-year-old QB had a pair of 300-yard games in the playoffs against the Eagles and Lions

The 28-year-old QB had a pair of 300-yard games in the playoffs against the Eagles and Lions

Mayfield's new contract came after the Bucs' tied down wideout Mike Evans to a two-year deal

Mayfield’s new contract came after the Bucs’ tied down wideout Mike Evans to a two-year deal 

Bucs’ GM Chris Licht remained optimistic that Mayfield’s future lied in Tampa when  asked about the quarterback’s contractual situation at the NFL Scouting Combine, and again last week, but understood the reality of his predicament.

‘As Bruce (Arians) would say, look behind Door No. 2, 3 and 4 and 5. We always feel like we need options,’ Licht said on Friday.

Mayfield, the No. 1 pick in the 2018 draft, had played for three teams since 2021 (Cleveland Browns, Carolina Panthers, Los Angeles Rams) before he signed a one-year deal in free agency last March.

The Bucs are also in active talks with linebacker Lavonte David, another free agent, Licht said.

Star wide receiver Mike Evans signed his $52M deal that runs through 2025 on Friday and gave his two cents on the quarterback situation.

‘I think he’s an elite quarterback,’ Evans said of Mayfield, assessing his confidence Mayfield will be his quarterback in 2024. 

‘I’m extremely confident. I’m not 100 percent, but he played really great for us last year. The city took him in, the players loved him. Hopefully we get him back, but he should do what’s best for him.’

Share or comment on this article:
Baker Mayfield signs three-year, $100M contract extension with Bucs’ as he ends speculation on his future



Source link

Related Posts

Carlos Alcaraz breaks his silence on dramatic new haircut – as bemused Rory McIlroy gives his verdict
Sports

Carlos Alcaraz breaks his silence on dramatic new haircut – as bemused Rory McIlroy gives his verdict

August 26, 2025
Premier League 3pm games RECAP: Goals and controversy after Tottenham’s shock win… and which Championship team lost 7-1?
Sports

Premier League 3pm games RECAP: Goals and controversy after Tottenham’s shock win… and which Championship team lost 7-1?

August 23, 2025
Revealed: Chelsea’s race against time to sell up or risk signings being BANNED from the Champions League – and £110m sales of Joao Felix or Ben Chilwell and Co WON’T count
Sports

Revealed: Chelsea’s race against time to sell up or risk signings being BANNED from the Champions League – and £110m sales of Joao Felix or Ben Chilwell and Co WON’T count

August 20, 2025
Next Post
Hussein Al Mansoory, Auburn, Sydney: Boy is found safe and well after missing for two days

Hussein Al Mansoory, Auburn, Sydney: Boy is found safe and well after missing for two days

Post Office sees personal cash withdrawals increase by 15% annually in February

Post Office sees personal cash withdrawals increase by 15% annually in February

Retro gaming news – One of the best RPGs ever gets a Nintendo Switch release date | Gaming | Entertainment

Retro gaming news - One of the best RPGs ever gets a Nintendo Switch release date | Gaming | Entertainment

Recommended

Bank of England faces backlash for being ‘overly cautious’ on rates

Bank of England faces backlash for being ‘overly cautious’ on rates

1 year ago
Forget your passwords, the era of facial recognition and fingerprints is finally here

Forget your passwords, the era of facial recognition and fingerprints is finally here

2 years ago
Brave victim describes traumatic attack by bear that went on rampage in pretty mountain town – as critics ask if EU rewilding zealots have lost the plot

Brave victim describes traumatic attack by bear that went on rampage in pretty mountain town – as critics ask if EU rewilding zealots have lost the plot

1 year ago
Callous moment man deliberately causes highway crash by throwing rocks onto highway in lawless Los Angeles

Callous moment man deliberately causes highway crash by throwing rocks onto highway in lawless Los Angeles

1 year ago

Categories

  • Business
  • Crypto
  • Entertainment
  • Food
  • Health
  • Home Improvment
  • Lifestyle
  • Motering/Cars
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Press Release
  • Real Estate
  • Science
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Travel
  • World
No Result
View All Result

Highlights

‘Masterpiece’ Netflix crime drama adaptation hailed ’superb’ as it debuts | Films | Entertainment

Urgent health warning as drinking water left in your car could be poisoning your body slowly over time

Hawaiian shirts, fanny packs and awful mispronunciations. Americans are driving Brits mad with outrageous social faux pas… have YOU done these?

‘I asked chefs which kind of olive oil is best and they all said the same thing’

Anyone with olive oil in their kitchen urged to avoid ‘mistake’ which can ruin taste

Carlos Alcaraz breaks his silence on dramatic new haircut – as bemused Rory McIlroy gives his verdict

London Mail

London Mail | Stay Informed, Stay Inspired ©2025, All rights Reserved

Navigate Site

  • Home
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Follow Us

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Tech
  • News
  • Business
  • Science
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Opinion

London Mail | Stay Informed, Stay Inspired ©2025, All rights Reserved