London Mail
  • Home
  • World
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Business
  • Tech
  • Science
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Motering/Cars
  • More
    • Entertainment
    • Travel
    • Crypto
    • Food
    • Home Improvment
      • Real Estate
    • Press Release
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • World
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Business
  • Tech
  • Science
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Health
  • Motering/Cars
  • More
    • Entertainment
    • Travel
    • Crypto
    • Food
    • Home Improvment
      • Real Estate
    • Press Release
No Result
View All Result
London Mail
No Result
View All Result

Google launches Bard chatbot amid ‘misleading or false information’ fears

by London Mail
November 20, 2023
in Tech
Reading Time: 2 mins read

The relaunched AI chatbot will come with a health warning, informing users that Bard may “display inaccurate or offensive information” with every answer.

The release of Bard comes after the tech giant’s botched launch last month, where the tool displayed an inaccurate answer about the James Webb Telescope.

Bard falsely claimed the telescope had taken the first picture of a planet outside of the solar system.

Zoubin Ghahramani, a Cambridge professor and vice president of research at Google, said: “This is an experiment and there are limitations.”

Responses from Bard will be called “drafts” and the chatbot will provide three potential answers to each question.

Jack Krawczyk, a senior director at Google, said: “We are very deliberate in using the word draft, because it implies it is incomplete.”

ChatGPT has forced rivals such as Google to jumpstart their own AI programs. Google labelled ChatGPT’s launch a “code red” threat to its search engine dominance.

OpenAI, the Silicon Valley start-up behind ChatGPT, has already signed a multibillion dollar deal with Microsoft to build its technology into its Bing search engine.

Despite the viral success of ChatGPT, it too has been found to display misinformation and nonsense. With a little prompting, the bots could be tricked into apparently breaking built-in rules, declaring their love or feelings for users.

Google’s Bard chatbot will be opened up to users in the UK and the US starting today, but subjected to a set of strict guardrails as Google attempts to stop its technology delivering awkward or offensive answers. 

The AI will try to avoid giving views on controversial topics.

Bard has been trained on millions of lines of text, online books, articles and encyclopaedias. Its software then uses this to provide human-like answers to questions and prompts.

Google’s AI leaders stressed Bard was designed to be used to provide “creative” prompts, with human users making use of the tool to “collaborate with generative AI”.

Source link

Related Posts

IMGP4O: Empowering the Future Digital Economy Through Democratized AI Compute
Tech

IMGP4O: Empowering the Future Digital Economy Through Democratized AI Compute

May 31, 2025
The benefits of using AI in business
Tech

The benefits of using AI in business

March 27, 2024
Apple reveals four new phones with better battery and camera
Tech

Apple reveals four new phones with better battery and camera

February 20, 2024
Next Post
Twitter hit by biggest malfunction since Musk deal

Twitter hit by biggest malfunction since Musk deal

The classic hit poised to become the Christmas No1 single this year | Music | Entertainment

The classic hit poised to become the Christmas No1 single this year | Music | Entertainment

Can you solve our Six Nations crossword?

Can you solve our Six Nations crossword?

Recommended

I’m a Super Bowl winner… this is how the New England Patriots shock the world and beat Seattle Seahawks

I’m a Super Bowl winner… this is how the New England Patriots shock the world and beat Seattle Seahawks

4 months ago
Mysterious 100-foot geyser erupts in US state’s oilfield recently hit by earthquakes

Mysterious 100-foot geyser erupts in US state’s oilfield recently hit by earthquakes

2 years ago
Conservative councillors should not have to pay the price for the Government’s drift

Conservative councillors should not have to pay the price for the Government’s drift

2 years ago
M&S shoppers ‘queue outside stores’ for £8.50 Dubai-style chocolate

M&S shoppers ‘queue outside stores’ for £8.50 Dubai-style chocolate

1 year ago

Categories

  • Business
  • Crypto
  • Entertainment
  • Food
  • Health
  • Home Improvment
  • Lifestyle
  • Motering/Cars
  • News
  • Opinion
  • Press Release
  • Real Estate
  • Science
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Travel
  • World
No Result
View All Result

Highlights

Best cooling mattress toppers 2026, tried and tested for a heatwave

Police release new CCTV in desperate hunt to find missing woman, 29, last seen leaving hospital 50 days ago

Las Vegas missed out on hosting World Cup games but it won’t stop football fans from experiencing the bright lights of Sin City this summer

Make baked beans taste even better by adding one ingredient while heating them up

Lochside Scottish Highlands house with ‘spectacular views’ hits the market

When the Past Still Feels Present: Understanding Trauma and PTSD

London Mail

London Mail | Stay Informed, Stay Inspired ©2025, All rights Reserved

Navigate Site

  • Home
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Follow Us

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Tech
  • News
  • Business
  • Science
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Opinion

London Mail | Stay Informed, Stay Inspired ©2025, All rights Reserved